In recent years, there has been a rise in popularity of ‘no-fuss’ affordable cremations with consumers in Perth & Western Australia wanting as little fuss as possible for the cremation of the body.
A ‘no fuss’ or what is commonly referred to as ‘direct cremation’ is the cheapest and simplest type of funeral for people on a budget.
It involves collection of the body, and carrying out the cremation, (usually with no one present), and return the ashes afterwards.
There’s no ceremony, no funeral service, and no fuss
Everything is arranged very simply and carried out with respect and dignity.
Both David Bowie and the novelist Anita Brookner, went for “direct cremation”, where the body is sent straight to the cremator from hospital or home, with no attendance or ceremony.
Ashes are returned to the family allowing family and friends to celebrate their life and relationships several months later, in a place special to them.
The biggest benefit a ‘no fuss’ cremation offers is time
Time for the family to organise a tribute or celebration of life without rushing and at a time and location that suits them.
The memorial can take whatever form the family chooses, but the option means they generally don’t go to the crematorium to witness the cremation itself.
‘There is a lot to be said for this option’
According to eziFunerals, there is a lot to be said for this minimalist option, not least cost; with funerals costing more than $7,449 on average, with many costing much more.
“A direct committal can start from $1500. If you’re paying more than $3000 then you could be paying too much. So it pays to do your homework and shop around!”
Baby boomers are moving toward cheap and cheerful funerals
Baby Boomers in Adelaide are now less religious compared to previous generations and are changing the game for their parents and themselves.
Seeing a coffin being lowered into the ground or disappearing behind curtains is a dramatic touch many people would be grateful not to have to go through, as their last physical connection with their loved one.
They’re choosing alternative ways of saying goodbye, whether it’s a cremation instead of a burial, scattering ashes instead of visiting a grave, or even a celebration of that person’s life instead of a more sombre, all-black affair.
Find A Funeral Director Near You
Funeral Directors Western Suburbs Perth
- City Beach, Claremont, Cottesloe, Daglish, Karrakatta, Mount Claremont
- Mosman Park, Peppermint Grove, Swanbourne
Funeral Directors Eastern Suburbs Perth
- Boya, Carmel, Darlington, Forrestfield, Glen Forrest, Gooseberry Hill
- Helena Valley, High Wycombe, Kalamunda, Lesmurdie, Mahogany Creek
- Maida Vale, Mount Helena, Mundaring, Parkerville, Sawyers Valley,
- Swan View, Wattle Grove, Wooroloo
Funeral Directors Southern Suburbs Perth
- Armadale, Beckenham, Bedfordale, Brentwood, Brookdale, Bull Creek
- Canning Vale, Ferndale, Gosnells, Huntingdale, Karragullen, Kelmscott
- Langford, Leeming, Lynwood, Maddington, Manning, Martin
- Mount Nasura, Orange Grove, Parkwood, Piara Waters, Riverton, Roleystone
- Rossmoyne, Shelley, Southern River, Thornlie, Waterford, Westfield, Willetton
- Atwell, Banjup, Beeliar, Coogee, Forrestdale, Henderson
- Jandakot, Rottnest Island, South Lake, Success, Wattleup, Yangebup
- Beaconsfield, East Fremantle, Fremantle, North Fremantle, South Fremantle
Funeral Directors Northern Suburbs Perth
- Carine, Marmion, North Beach, Scarborough, Sorrento, Trigg
- Waterman, Wembley Downs,Ashby, Alexander Heights, Banksia Grove, Beldon, Burns, Carramar
- Connolly, Craigie, Currambine, Duncraig, Edgewater, Girrawheen
- Greenwood, Heathridge, Hillarys, Hocking, Iluka, Joondalup
- Kallaroo, Kingsley, Koondoola, Landsdale, Marangaroo, Mullaloo
- Ocean Reef, Padbury, Pearsall, Sinagara, Tapping, Wangara
- Wanneroo, Warwick, Woodvale
Funeral Directors Inner City Suburbs Perth
- East Perth, Highgate, Kings Park, Northbridge, Perth CBD, West Perth
- Balcatta, Balga, Bedford, Coolbinia, Dianella, Embleton, Glendalough
- Inglewood, Joondanna, Leederville, Malaga, Maylands, Menora
- Mirrabooka, Morley, Mount Hawthorn, Mount Lawley, Nollamara, Noranda
- North Perth, Stirling, Tuart Hill, West Leederville, Westminster, Yokine
- Bentley, Burswood, Cannington, Carlisle, Como, East Cannington
- East Victoria Park, Karawara, Kensington, Kenwick, Queens Park, South Perth
- St James, Victoria Park, Welshpool, Wilson
- Alfred Cove, Applecross, Ardross, Attadale, Bateman, Bibra Lake, Bicton
- Booragoon, Coolbellup, Hamilton Hill, Hilton, Kardinya, Melville
- Mount Pleasant, Murdoch, Munster, Myaree, North Lake, O’Connor
- Palmyra, Samson, Spearwood, White Gum Valley, Willagee, Winthrop
- Ascot, Ashfield, Bassendean, Bayswater, Belmont, Cloverdale
- Eden Hill, Kewdale, Kiara, Lathlain, Lockridge, Redcliffe, Rivervale
- Churchlands, Crawley, Dalkeith, Doubleview, Floreat, Gwelup
- Innaloo, Jolimont, Karrinyup, Nedlands, Osborne Park, Shenton Park
- Subiaco, Wembley, Woodlands
Get 24/7 Funeral support and assistance
Need eziFunerals assistance? eziFunerals supports individuals and families cope with end of life decisions, death and funerals. We are an independent, Australian-owned and operated company, and are not a subsidiary of any other corporation. We are not part of any other funeral company. No pressure sales. No hidden fees. No commissions. Give us a call on 1300 236 402.