Place a death and funeral notice in New South Wales
Death and funeral notices are paid announcements in New South Wales that gives the name of the person who died and details of the funeral or memorial service.
You can build, schedule and complete your notice in New South Wales yourself or Funeral Directors can submit a death notice on your behalf. Some funeral directors may charge a fee for this service, while others will not.
To submit a death and funeral notice in New South Wales simply click the ‘PLACE A NOTICE’ button and follow the instructions. Examples are provided below to help guide you to create a notice for your loved one and to share with family and friends.
MEMBER DISCOUNT CODE: Deaths & Funerals is offering a 50% discount on their usual retail price for eziFunerals members. Use the Promo Code “eziFunerals01” and click the “Apply” button before proceeding to payment. The amount due will then be updated.
How To Place a Death or Funeral Notice today
Creating and placing a death and funeral notice online in is easy. Simply click the ‘Place A Notice’ notice button above and get started. The following examples are also provided to help you create a personalised death and funeral notice for your loved one.
“Death Notice” example
If you leave this section vacant, only the date of death (or date of birth as well if provided) will be shown. Examples of other information you might want to provide include:
Late of (Sydney) (formerly of [place]) Passed away peacefully/suddenly aged 79 years.
Dearly (beloved/loved) or (loved/loving) husband/wife of (Name)
Much loved (father/mother) and (father in law/mother in law) of (names).
Cherished (grandfather/grandmother) of (names).
(Forever in our Hearts/Rest in Peace/[Name] will be sadly missed by family & friends).
“Other Notice Details” examples
If you leave this section vacant, the following text appears: “If there is further information you need, please contact the Funeral Director.” You can add any other detail you like to replace it, for example:
1. Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend a [Requiem Mass/Funeral Service/Prayers/Memorial Service] for [name], which will be held in the [church/chapel/cemetery/place] at [address in full] on [day, date] commencing at [time] to be followed by interment in the [cemetery].
2. Funeral details to be advised [day/tomorrow/later].
3. The Rosary will be recited at [the same Church/place] [before Mass/the previous evening [day/date] at [time].
4. A Viewing will be held at [day/date] at [time] at [place].
5. Check [back here/the Funeral Director’s Notice below] for further details.
6. A private funeral was held on [day, date] at [name of church, chapel, crematorium, cemetery].
7. No flowers by request – donations to the [Charity Organisation] [website link] appreciated.
8. Please wear [colour] in accordance with [name]’s wishes.
9. For full details of this funeral, including
– any further information you need,
– how to leave tribute comments, or
– where to view the webcast if available.
Please follow the links below to the [Funeral Director’s] website