The latest Deaths report (2019) released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) provides some interesting facts about deaths and mortality rates.
KEY DEATH STATISTICS
- There were 169,301 registered deaths in 2019, an increase of 10,808 since 2018.
- The standardised death rate increased to 5.3 deaths, from 5.1 in 2018.
- Infant deaths increased by 21 deaths to 1,009.
- There were more male deaths (88,346) than female deaths (80,955), resulting in a sex ratio of 109.1 male deaths for every 100 female deaths.
- Over three quarters (78.3%) of deaths registered were to usual residents of New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland combined.
To learn more about death rates and funeral industry trends in Australia visit eziFunerals.com.au.
eziFunerals is an independent, Australian-owned and operated company. We are not part of any other funeral company. Our purpose is to provide independent and transparent information, to support consumers plan a funeral, compare prices and find the right funeral director anywhere, anytime.