‘It felt like a cruel joke’: Grieving family at open casket service find WRONG BODY dressed in great-grandfather’s favorite clothes after blunder by Texas funeral home
- Santana Funeral Directors were tasked with organizing the funeral for Natividad Torres Cordova back in May
- Employees accidentally put the wrong body in Cordova’s casket and brought it to his funeral service at a local church
- His daughters were left devastated when they peered into the coffin and saw the corpse of a stranger dressed in their father’s clothes
- Cordova’s body was eventually located and sent to the church for his funeral service, which was carried out two hours late
- When approached for comment, the funeral parlor stated: ‘Once and a while, there might be an issue with a family but we’re not at liberty to discuss that’
eziFunerals is an independent, Australian-owned and operated company. We are not part of any other funeral company. Founded by consumers frustrated by how difficult it was to get independent information, eziFunerals supports consumers plan a funeral, compare prices and find the right funeral director anywhere, anytime.