Did you know that in Australia, there is one death every 3 minutes and 16 seconds.
On 15 March 2019 at 11:59:32 AM (Canberra time), the resident population of Australia, projected by the Australian Bureau of Statistics is to be 25,290,369.
This projection is based on the estimated resident population at 30 June 2018 and assumes growth since then of:
- one birth every 1 minute and 40 seconds,
- one death every 3 minutes and 16 seconds,
- one person arriving to live in Australia every 57 second,
- one Australian resident leaving Australia to live overseas every 1 minute and 49 seconds, leading to
- an overall total population increase of one person every 1 minute and 15 seconds.
These assumptions are consistent with figures released in Australian Demographic Statistics, December Quarter 2017 (cat. no. 3101.0).
Need to connect with a Funeral Director
If you need to connect with a funeral director or require a QUICK FUNERAL QUOTE, simply complete our easy quote request form. For more information on independent funeral directors in your area, visit our State pages:
- Funeral Planning, NSW
- Funeral Planning, VIC
- Funeral Planning,QLD
- Funeral Planning, SA
- Funeral Planning,WA
- Funeral Planning, TAS
Learn More About Death & Funerals in Australia
eziFunerals supports consumers to understand their rights and helps individuals and families cope with end of life decisions and funerals. We are an independent, Australian-owned and operated company, and are not a subsidiary of any other corporation. We are not part of any other funeral company.