The No. 1 fear for people planning a funeral is being taken advantage of, according to eziFunerals. The other greatest fear is not being able to afford a funeral.
Planning a funeral can be overwhelming. Not only are there seemingly endless options, but also pricing can be vague and it’s difficult to know if you’re getting a fair deal.
A funeral in Australia can cost from $4,000 for a basic cremation to around $15,000 for a more elaborate burial according to moneysmart.gov.au. But those costs can vary dramatically, depending on the funeral director you choose. If you pick a company from one of the big funeral chains, you could be paying a-lot more.
Most consumers have never bought a funeral, and calling a funeral director based on flashy advertising can lead to overpaying and purchasing services you don’t need.
That’s where eziFunerals can not only help you make better informed decisions but also save you money. Think of eziFunerals as a consumer advocate who is independent from any funeral company, meaning they won’t benefit from the funeral director you select. (Unlike other online funeral comparison sites, eziFunerals do not receive commissions from your selection).
What Services Does eziFunerals Offer?
eziFunerals works on your behalf to educate you on the funeral services available, then gets you the best prices at a funeral home of choice.
One of the biggest benefits of eziFunerals is that they’ll help you select only the services you want. For example, some funeral homes might have services and products bundled together and sold as packages, each package with more upgrades and higher costs. You might want a certain coffin, but not want some of the the services in the package.
“We break up those packages, because a lot of the services are just bundled together to make it look like you’re getting a lot of value, but in reality, you’re not,” says Erceg. “We you itemise the services you need or want, and that’s where you can save thousands and thousands of dollars.”
Here are some other services eziFunerals offers:
- Pre-funeral planning tools: You can document and store your funeral wishes to be shared with your family at the appropriate time.
- Will preparation and other legal documents. eziFunerals has partnered with Willed to help you create a will, power of attorney, estate planning and other legal documents.
- Price comparison tools: eziFunerals helps you get multiple quotes so you can compare funeral directors on service and price.
- Advisory services: You or your family can get free support from eziFunerals experts to help you navigate the funeral planning process.
- Funeral payment options: eziFunerals can help you get quick and interest free finance to customers who need access to immediate funds.
Click here to learn more about eziFunerals
eziFunerals supports individuals and families cope with end of life decisions, death and funerals. We are an independent, Australian-owned and operated company. We are not part of any other funeral company.
Our member Funeral Directors are chosen for their knowledge, quality, service, personalisation and experience. They go above and beyond, and will take the time to support the family.
For more information or to make contact with a trusted Independent funeral director, call eziFunerals on 1300 236 402 or visit www.ezifunerals.com.au.