You can also browse the topics below to find what you are looking for.
Transporting a coffin to a funeral can be done in more ways than most people may realise, and can be one of the easiest things to personalise and make memorable if you choose. Most people settle for the hearse and limousine supplied by their funeral director, but there are a multitude of companies offering a wide choice of specialist vehicles for this purpose.
Things to consider when making arrangements for transport to and from the funeral:
- Would you prefer a motor or horse-drawn hearse?
- An additional hearse may also be required to carry the flowers.
- What type of hearse would you prefer? Would you like a standard hearse or something more unusual such as a motor-cycle hearse or a horse-drawn hearse?
- How many limousines will be needed? (most can carry 6 people)
- Where will the cortege leave from?
- Will it take a special route? Where will you return to?
- Will you require wheelchair access?