HOW TO BOOK A FUNERAL DIRECTOR
Finding a funeral director you can trust in your City can be emotionally and financially difficult, so let us help. With such a competitive market, funeral costs in Australia will vary greatly depending on the company you choose, where the service is held, and the type of choices you make.
Depending on what you need, some will specialise in certain religious ceremonies while others offer many different types of service. Most funeral directors will generally offer a fixed package and have different pricing structures, so it is important that if you don’t pay for things you don’t want or need and stay on a budget.
Booking a Funeral Director is easy
- Go to www.ezifunerals.com.au
- Select Find Funeral Directors.
- Enter your State/Suburb and click “Search”.
WHAT DO FUNERAL DIRECTORS DO?
Before selecting a funeral director, you should try to understand exactly what it is they do. Here are the main services offered by funeral directors:
- Registering the death after the issue of the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death (including a Cremation Certificate if required).
- Transferring the body from the place of death to the funeral director’s premises in accordance with strict health rules concerning handling, transport and storage.
- Meeting you at your home or in their office to discuss your preferences and options. Depending on what you decide, a meeting like this may be less than 30 minutes or up to two or three hours.
- Coordinating between your clergy (or a funeral celebrant if you wish) and the cemetery or crematorium to decide when, where, and what type of service will be needed. In most cases cemeteries and crematoriums will not deal directly with anyone other than a funeral director.
- Preparing and placing death, funeral and obituary notices in newspapers of your choice and organising flowers.
- Preparing the body for burial or cremation.
- Supplying a coffin or a casket.
- Providing a place for a viewing of the body by friends and relatives if desired.
- Transporting the body by hearse to the ceremony and then to the cemetery or crematorium.
- Providing special cars for mourners.
- Paying fees for such things as the cemetery, crematorium and flowers on your behalf.
- Advising and helping you with paperwork involved in accessing any financial reimbursement associated with the funeral (such as a funeral fund).
HOW TO BOOK THE RIGHT FUNERAL DIRECTOR
Price and customer reviews are helpful, but before you make a final decision and meet with your chosen funeral home there are a few more important points to consider.
We recommend that you ask yourself the following key questions before making your choice:
- Who owns the funeral home you are considering?
- Are they family owned and independent OR are they owned by a publicly listed company?
- Does the funeral director work for you and your family or shareholders of publicly listed companies?
- Have you met or heard about the funeral director in your community?
- Do you know their personal and professional reputation?
- How long have they been serving their community?
- What has been the experience of relatives, friends and neighbours?
- Does the funeral director provide a full service facility and are they able to handle all of your needs (chapel, viewing room, reception and catering facilities, parking, etc.)?
- Is the funeral home a trusted and approved member of eziFunerals?
DOES EZIFUNERALS RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FROM FUNERAL DIRECTORS?
No. Unlike other funeral comparison sites, eziFunerals does not receive commissions from Clients final decision-making. Our sole purpose is to provide the information clients need to make a well-informed decision and get value for money.
eziFunerals supports individuals and families cope with end of life decisions, death and funerals. We are an independent, Australian-owned and operated company. We are not part of any other funeral company.
Our member Funeral Directors operate in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Australia wide. Thet are chosen for their knowledge, quality, service, personalisation and experience. They go above and beyond, and will take the time to support the family.
For more information or to make contact with a trusted Independent funeral director, call eziFunerals on 1300 236 402 or visit www.ezifunerals.com.au.