Find and create Caliph funeral and death notices
eziFunerals has partnered with Death & Funeral Notices Australia to help you pay tribute to your loved one. Death and funeral notices is a simple and affordable solution in Caliph that gives the name of the person who died and details of the funeral or memorial service.
You can build, schedule and complete your notice yourself or Funeral Directors in Caliph can submit a death notice on your behalf. Some funeral directors may charge a fee for this service, while others will not.
What is a death notice in Caliph?
A death notices is a brief statement announcing someone’s death. The notice explains need-to-know details about the death, along with information regarding memorial or funeral services to be held. Biographical details about the individual are typically left out and saved for longer pieces of obituary writing.
You might also hear the term “death announcement,” which is used interchangeably with “death notice.” Death notices are one of the most common ways to notify a community about someone’s passing. They can be published in several places, such as print newspapers or journals, online media, or on obituary websites.
What is a funeral notice in Caliph?
A funeral notice is similar to a death notice, and extends an invitation to attend the service and will include details such as date, time and location. The amount of information included in a notice is entirely up to you, and depends on how much information you want to publish and how much money you want to spend.
Honouring the departed a lasting tribute in obituaries
Losing a loved one is never easy. It’s a time of great sorrow and grief. One way to honor their memory is by placing an obituary in a local publication.
Obituaries include more facts than a death notice and are a way to share information about the deceased with friends, family, and the community. They typically include the person’s name, age, date of death, and biographical information, accounts of life events, and other details that provide a snapshot of someone’s life.
In addition to the basic information, obituaries can also include:
- A photo of the deceased
- A list of survivors
- Information about funeral arrangements
- Tributes from loved ones
Obituaries can be a source of comfort for those who are grieving, and they can also help to preserve the memory of the deceased for future generations.
How to submit a death or funeral notice?
To submit a death and funeral notice in Caliph simply click on the ‘PLACE A NOTICE’ button and follow the instructions. Examples are provided below to help guide you to create a notice for your loved one and to share with family and friends.
Caliph Member Discount
As a member of eziFunerals, you can receive a 50% discount on the usual retail price for death and funeral notices. Simply use the promo code “EZI120” when you place your notice.
How to place a death and funeral notice in Caliph
Creating and placing a death and funeral notice online in Caliph is easy. Simply click the ‘Place A Notice’ notice button above and get started. The following examples are also provided to help you create a personalised death and funeral notice in Caliph .
- Click on the ‘Place A Notice’ button above.
- Enter the required information about your loved one.
- Select the publication(s) you would like your notice to be published in.
- Make payment.
- Your notice will be published within 24 hours.
How to write a death and funeral notice in Caliph?
When writing a death notice, remember that they are intended to be short and brief. We’re talking about 3 to 5 sentences at most. Limit it so that it includes fact-based information only.
Here are some elements that are typically included:
- Full name of the deceased
- State that they have died
- Date and location of death
- Name of family members
- Funeral and/or memorial date, time, and location
- Optional information, such as for donations
- A thank you to those who provided care, such as hospital or nursing home staff.
- A short verse, quote or maybe some favourite words of the deceased.
Caliph “Death Notice” example
If you leave this section vacant, only the date of death (or date of birth as well if provided) will be shown. Examples of other information you might want to provide include:
Late of Caliph (formerly of [place])
Passed away peacefully/suddenly aged 79 years.
Dearly (beloved/loved) or (loved/loving) husband/wife of (Name)
Much loved (father/mother) and (father in law/mother in law) of (names).
Cherished (grandfather/grandmother) of (names).
(Forever in our Hearts/Rest in Peace/[Name] will be sadly missed by family & friends).
Caliph “Other Notice Details” examples
If you leave this section vacant, the following text appears: “If there is further information you need, please contact the Funeral Director in Caliph. ” You can add any other detail you like to replace it, for example:
1. Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend a [Requiem Mass/Funeral Service/Prayers/Memorial Service] for [name], which will be held in the [church/chapel/cemetery/place] at [address in full] on [day, date] commencing at [time] to be followed by interment in the [cemetery].
2. Funeral details to be advised [day/tomorrow/later].
3. The Rosary will be recited at [the same Church/place] [before Mass/the previous evening [day/date] at [time].
4. A Viewing will be held at [day/date] at [time] at [place].
5. Check [back here/the Funeral Director’s Notice below] for further details.
6. A private funeral was held on [day, date] at [name of church, chapel, crematorium, cemetery].
7. No flowers by request – donations to the [Charity Organisation] [website link] appreciated.
8. Please wear [colour] in accordance with [name]’s wishes.
9. For full details of this funeral, including
– any further information you need,
– how to leave tribute comments, or
– where to view the webcast if available.
Please follow the links below to the [Funeral Director’s] website.
FAQs: What people want to know about obituaries from Caliph
- Where can I find the most recent obituaries of Caliph?
Simply click the “Search A Notice” button at the top of this page and browse the Caliph obituaries listings or conduct a search on the web site with your loved one’s name.
- How much does it cost to publish an obituary in Caliph?
Creating an obituary through eziFunerals is much cheaper than online newspapers. Our partner price is only $55. You can click this link to create an obituary.
- Do eziFunerals members get a discount?
Yes, simply use our PROMO CODE “eziFunerals01” for a limited 50% discount.
- Can flowers be sent directly to a visitation or funeral service in Caliph?
Yes, flower arrangements are fulfilled and delivered by local florists from Caliph.
- How can I create an obituary in Caliph?
Visit this link to create an obituary then read the advantages of creating an obituary through eziFunerals and click “Place A Notice” for your loved one to begin.
- Can I add photos and videos to an obituary?
Yes, simply click “Choose File” located underneath the Notice Details of the obituary then upload the photos/videos you wish to share.
eziFunerals supports individuals and families coping with end of life decisions, death and funerals. We are an independent, Australian-owned and operated company. We are not part of any other funeral company.
Our member Funeral Directors operate in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Australia wide. They are chosen for their knowledge, quality, service, personalisation and experience. They go above and beyond, and will take the time to support the family.
For more information or to make contact with a trusted Independent funeral director, call eziFunerals on 1300 236 402 or visit www.ezifunerals.com.au.