What is a ‘no fuss’ cremation in Adelaide?
A ‘no fuss’ or what is commonly referred to as ‘direct cremation’ is the cheapest and simplest type of funeral for people on a budget.
It involves collection of the body, and carrying out the cremation, (usually with no one present), and return the ashes afterwards.
Everything is arranged very simply and carried out with respect and dignity.
Both David Bowie and the novelist Anita Brookner, went for “direct cremation”, where the body is sent straight to the cremator from hospital or home, with no attendance or ceremony.
Ashes are returned to the family allowing family and friends to celebrate their life and relationships several months later, in a place special to them.
The biggest benefit a ‘no fuss’ cremation offers is time
Time for the family to organise a tribute or celebration of life without rushing and at a time and location that suits them.
The memorial can take whatever form the family chooses, but the option means they generally don’t go to the crematorium to witness the cremation itself.
‘There is a lot to be said for this option’
According to eziFunerals, there is a lot to be said for this minimalist option, not least cost; with funerals costing more than $7,449 on average, with many costing much more.
“A direct committal can start from $1500. If you’re paying more than $3000 then you could be paying too much. So it pays to do your homework and shop around!”
Baby boomers are moving toward cheap and cheerful funerals
Baby Boomers in Adelaide are now less religious compared to previous generations and are changing the game for their parents and themselves.
Seeing a coffin being lowered into the ground or disappearing behind curtains is a dramatic touch many people would be grateful not to have to go through, as their last physical connection with their loved one.
They’re choosing alternative ways of saying goodbye, whether it’s a cremation instead of a burial, scattering ashes instead of visiting a grave, or even a celebration of that person’s life instead of a more sombre, all-black affair.
Affordable Funeral Directors near me
Compare funeral director costs for funeral services, burials, cheap cremations in Adelaide. Our experienced funeral directors will act on your request for cremations and burials in Adelaide. We have the best funeral directors of your area.
Funeral Directors Glenelg and Brighton
- Brighton, Darlington, Glenelg, Glenelg North, Glenelg South, Glengowrie
- Hallett Cove, Hove, Kingston Park, Marino, Novar Gardens, O’Halloran Hill
- Seacliff, Sheidow Park, Somerton Park, South Brighton, Sturt
Funeral Directors Adelaide Hills
- Aldgate, Athelstone, Balhannah, Birdwood, Bridgewater, Crafers
- Cudlee Creek, Gumeracha, Hahndorf, Kanmantoo, Kersbrook, Littlehampton
- Lobethal, Macclesfield, Magill, Meadows, Mount Barker, Mount Lofty
- Mount Torrens, Mylor, Nairne, Norton Summit, Oakbank, Stirling
- Uraidla, Verdun, Woodside
Funeral Directors Outer South Adelaide
- Aberfoyle Park, Ashbourne, Belair, Blackwood, Clarendon, Coromandel Valley
- Hawthorndene, Morphett Vale, Old Reynella, Reynella, Woodcroft
Funeral Directors Port Adelaide Area
- Albert Park, Alberton, Birkenhead, Cheltenham, Exeter, Hendon, Largs Bay
- Largs North, North Haven, Pennington, Port Adelaide, Queenstown, Rosewater
- Royal Park, Semaphore, Taperoo, West Lakes, West Lakes Shore, Wingfield
Funeral Directors Outer North East Adelaide
- Bolivar, Brahma Lodge, Craigmore, Davoren Park, Elizabeth, Golden Grove
- Highbury, Hope Valley, Ingle Farm, Mawson Lakes, Modbury, Para Hills
- Para Vista, Parafield, Paralowie, Pooraka, Redwood Park, Ridgehaven, Salisbury
- Smithfield, St Agnes, Surrey Downs, Tea Tree Gully, Valley View, Virginia
Funeral Directors Outer North Adelaide
Funeral Directors City of Adelaide
Funeral Directors Inner North Adelaide
- Allenby Gardens, Angle Park, Athol Park, Beverley, Blair Athol, Cavan
- Clearview, Collinswood, Croydon, Croydon Park, Dudley Park, Ferryden Park
- Gepps Cross, Gilberton, Gilles Plains, Hampstead Gardens, Hillcrest, Holden Hill
- Kilburn, Kilkenny, Klemzig, Mansfield Park, Northgate, Oakden
- Ovingham, Prospect, Regency Park, Sefton Park, Walkerville, Woodville
- Woodville Gardens, Woodville North, Woodville South
Funeral Directors Inner South Adelaide
- Ascot Park, Bedford Park, Camden Park, Clapham, Clarence Gardens, Clarence Park
- Clovelly Park, Colonel Light Gardens, Cumberland Park, Daw Park Eastwood
- Edwardstown, Everard Park, Forestville, Frewville, Fullarton, Glen Osmond
- Glenunga, Goodwood, Hawthorn, Highgate, Hyde Park, Kingswood
- Kurralta Park, Malvern, Marion, Millswood, Mitcham, Mitchell Park
- Oaklands Park, Parkside, Pasadena, Plympton, South Plympton, Springfield
- Torrens Park, Unley, Warradale
Funeral Directors Inner East Adelaide
- Beulah Park, Burnside, Campbelltown, Dernancourt, Dulwich, Erindale
- Evandale, Felixstow, Firle, Glenside, Glynde, Hackney, Hazelwood Park
- Hectorville, Kensington, Kensington Gardens, Kent Town, Leabrook, Linden Park
- Marden, Marryatville, Maylands, Newton, Norwood, Paradise
- Rose Park, Rostrevor, Royston Park, St Morris, St Peters, Stepney
- Stonyfell, Toorak Gardens, Tranmere, Tusmore, Waterfall Gully
Funeral Directors Inner West Adelaide
- Adelaide Airport, Bowden, Brompton, Brooklyn Park, Findon, Flinders Park
- Fulham, Grange, Henley Beach, Henley Beach South, Hilton, Hindmarsh
- Kidman Park, Lockleys, Marleston, Mile End, Mile End South, Richmond
- Seaton, Thebarton, Torrensville, Welland, West Beach, West Richmond
24/7 Funeral support and assistance
Need eziFunerals assistance? eziFunerals supports individuals and families cope with end of life decisions, death and funerals. We are an independent, Australian-owned and operated company, and are not a subsidiary of any other corporation. We are not part of any other funeral company. No pressure sales. No hidden fees. No commissions. Give us a call on 1300 236 402.